View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Home appliance genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
I'd advise against it at this point for several reasons.

1. You don't know what you are talking about. Act stupid, hide your qualifications as best as you can and go work for one of those places. If you sound like you are too good, the employer will be suspicious about your reasons. So be smart, act stupid. That way you will know the minute details. Even if you open up a franchised store, you will still not know all the little ins and outs of the trade.

2. Right now, loans might be tough to get. You need to be able to answer my questions before I will roll out money. If you have no experience in the field, I will be skeptical of your success and my repayment chance.

X2... I had a friend that worked at an independent coffee shop for 8 YEARS before she broke away and started her own gig... She's making a killing now... Do you know how much a good espresso machine costs? 10-35 THOUSAND dollars.... Those fancy ones you see at starbucks are 46 THOUSAND dollars EACH. Id get in the business as an employee for a while to see if its the right move for you..

I got in to the furniture business 9 years ago... The hardest part is dealing with the public.. (especially the dumb ones.)

10 E63 AMG
93 300te 4matic
07 BMW X3
14 Ford F-150 Fx2