View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Sing Blue Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Sv1 View Post
I think this kind of buisness or resturuant business is a personality people business. If your a people person and also a good buisness person, then you might have a chance. I am not what I'd term a businees owner, although I am/have been trying to start a small machine shop. I think you would need some food type items, but not a full tilt resturaunt. Muffins baggles and sandwiches would be a good start. I'd also figure on some local musicians on certain nights. I see some restuarants do that and even a near by coffee shop. I'd also think of special events from time to time. I think a good one would be a fall/halloween festival. Or even some special drinks around the holidays. Also, I'd setup some type of small lunch menu and maybe dinner. At a cetain point you will have to see if you can keep it close to your original premise though or if you sold out to keep money flowing in.
Tom
Follow his advice. Even if there isn't much competition around you need something to really draw in as many people as you can. The coffee shop/Cafe industry is tough but it can be done. I know of a Chocolate shop thats in one of the smallest towns in CT and they have been going strong for nearly ten years now and even managed to expand. If you sell the right product in the right place for the right place you'll do just fine.

"The thing is Bob, its not that I'm lazy...its that I just don't care."