View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 AM
1984 Federal 300D Turbo

'84 300D Vacuum Diagram

I need a little help identifying some vacuum lines shown on my car's diagram (see photo below). I have a 1984 300D w/ an auto tranny.

1. The line coming out of the side of the vacuum control valve splits. One side splits again and goes to the front passenger side of the engine bay to the electric vacuum control valve and the electric switch over valve. However, where does the other line go to? The diagram shows the line going towards the firewall, so I'm assuming it goes to a line into the cabin. But what color is the line and what does it do?

2. At the 5-way split off of the main check-valve again has lines that aren't labeled as to where they go. One of the splits goes to the electric switch over valve, one goes to the check valve for the door lock system. Do the other two lines also go through the firewall into the cabin? If so, what color are those two lines and what do they do?

3. There are other lines in the diagram that are dashed in. I'm guessing they only apply to certain cars. They don't appear to apply to mine but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for your help!