View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Renaissances Dude

Some good advice here. I knew I wasn't going to get the professional hot tar trailer setup, you have to hire that action, too much danger for the average joe to do it. I just realized that I forgot to mention that the existing driveway is concrete. So if I can seal the cracks well, water migration could be slowed quite a bit. One hopes.

I read something somewhere about some rope like strands of tar you could buy, you'd stuff them in the crack and then get one of those torch down propane torches and melt the stuff in place. I'm interested in hot tar instead of the cold pour in stuff cause I want it to set up fast and not daub off on tires when she drives over it - her and a tenant she has in the basement apt.

I might end up going the cold stuff route and then apply mucho sand to mitigate the moving it around problem. I also thought about using the Henry's roof type tar that comes in caulking tubes. Might not be the best compound for it though.

I really don't want this job but she gives me a lot of work, partly because I do most everything she wants me to do. Neat lady - from Argh-entina.

Last edited by cmac2012; 09-12-2009 at 10:54 PM.