View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lietuviai View Post
That doesn't sound good. Sounds like it may be clogged delivery valves to me but I am no IP expert.
I'm just wondering if by trying to remove one the delivery valves like it's done in the timing procedure to see if fuel dribbles out, could test to see if the pump itself is at fault or not.
I would see if one of our more IP knowledgeable members could chime in on this.

I do not know about WVO issues but when customers used to bring in their Inline Fuel Injections pumps you could put a wrench on the Drive Gear Retaining nuts and turn it by hand and they almost always spurted some fuel out; even when they been drained out the fuel from it when removed from the vehicle.

Below is a generic type Element/Plunger and Barrel. Something could be clogging the feed hole seen above the alignment slot.
Or; the Plungers could be sticking all the way in the UP position.
Or; as suggested the Delivery Valve could be being gumed up and held open (I do not think this would cause no deliver to the Injectors though)

The Delivery Valve Holder, Spring and the Delivery Valve assembly could be removed to view if the Plunger is going up and down while the Engine is rotater by hand but you need to be careful. If the Barrel rises above the Alignment Slot it might not go back in correctly.