View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 01:28 PM

w111.021 62-65? 220seb/c coupe sat for 15 years

Having fun putting this thing back together.... wondering if i could get a little help from some experts....??

First Problem: Universal looking fuel pump next to tank is locked up. Bosch part number is 0 580 464 048. Wondering what i could replace it with? Don't know the fuel pressure specs...found 7-13 psi mentioned elsewhere in this forum. Anybody know if that's right....seems low for fuel injection. Anybody know a part number still available that will work and not break the bank like the MB $1100 one?

Second Problem: Dont know what all the switches on the dash do....The only one that does anything is the rocker on the left that turns on dome lights. There are two switches that look like the standard pull-type headlight switch, one on left side of dash, one under left side of dash. Neither does anything that i can tell. Another switch left of wheel that looks like a key or something.....pulls a little bit out and springs back in....some sort of electronic choke or something?? Another one that twists left of the radio? None of these have any sort of labeling...thought someone would know.

Also someone has changed the generator out for a small common looking alternator. That alternator is shorted to ground, so it is heating up as soon as i hook up a battery. Not sure if there is some cross reference someone knows of that people typically swapped that out for? It appears they also changed the voltage regulator along with it...the thing is small (about one inch deep and three by three wide) someone told me the original was much bigger?

If anyone knows what i'm dealing with here, i could really use some help. I'm a young guy, only 28. The car is much older than me and i'm afraid all my knowledge is of newer vehicles. Just trying to bring her back to life.

Thanks
Tim London
Kansas City, MO