View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 PM

lambda control fault or bad gas?

Hi all, I hope someone can help me. My 94 E320 was running fine, my low fuel light was on so I stopped for gas. As soon I got in the car and started it after filling up I knew there was a problem. I started right up but was idling like crap. When I put the car in drive and attempted to drive away it would hardly move forward! Once I got it up to speed it was ok, but pulling off at red lights was a scary affair. I got home and read the codes, I got a 3 lambda control fault. Could this fault be caused by bad gas?

Also, it has been raining here in Atlanta for a week almost nonstop. My thinking is this, that some how rain water must have entered the storage tanks and contaminated the tanks. Since my tank was almost bone dry before i filled up I now have a tank of watery gas.

Does anyone have any insight on this, am I going in the right direction?

Thanks.
Mods to the '94: TomTom GPS in place of ash tray, Auto Dimming Mirror ,Memory seat, DEI 545T Auto lamps, DEI 530T Auto Up/Down Windows, DEI Remote Start, Motorola Bluetooth® Car Kit, Built in phone charger using factory phone wiring, RainTracker Rain sensing wiper, Keyless Entry, Ambient lighting of center storage compartment. Soon: factory heated seats, REST
Mercedes-Benz is my addiction of choice.
http://www.youtube.com/vanwiek