View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 PM

Agree with what has been said. thought I would share my selling experience on Craigslist. I sold an '83 300SD in Spring 2008 for $2900. The AC worked. Fairly extensive maintenance history, 2 owner car. I live in a college town so there seems to be an even higher level of love for our beloved diesels. Guy I sold it to had looked at several prior to buying mine. I stood firm on my price based on the fact it was hard enough to get rid of and anything less would not have been worth it to me. Since then I have acquired 2 more and gotten rid of one. The market here does not seem to be as good as it was. I think with the right person, though, good examples are still very desirable. I am always on the lookout for these MB diesels. They are definitely in my blood. I have run across several that needed so much work that I decided to pass. There are quite a few still out there in very good condition. If you are in a position where you are desperate for the money you may have to settle for less. I have been close to parting cars before but have yet to actually do it. If you make a spreadsheet and breakdown some of the more desirable parts that people buy, you may end up with more $ parting but it will take time and more "hassle". My biggest fear on parting a car is selling the wheels and then the rest just sits there!

1999 E300 TD - Silver - Just got her 3-13-15 !

the 2nd '83 300SD - Brown Metallic - traded away

1985 Limo Diesel aka "Stretchy" - Sliver - Blue Int - Sold but still in Athens

1983 300SD - Brown Metallic - Sold April 2008

1982 300 D T - Royal Blue with Tan interior - Sold