View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 PM

Speedo test, for real this time.

I have AC voltage across the 6pin Brn and Wht wires ranging from mV on up to a couple V depending on the speed I could gather on on my long driveway. This brings me to the conclusion that the problem lays within the speedo head itsself.

I have the speedo in my hand and it looks like someone got in there with an iron already on a couple terminals, also signs of heat around the 4 screw mounts in the white nylon chassis.

PO stated it worked sometimes if he hit a bump but as I get more familiar with the car he has less credability. He could be full of crap. Ive never seen it work.

Is there any way to test the head unit while its out or anything I can do to increase its chance to function when I put it back? Link to any article, a search gave me nothing more than I already used to get this far.

There are no Benz-containing salvage yards anywhere near me, no MB dealer in the state and Im out of a job so anything I can do to save this one would be a huge advantage.

Thanks for any shread of information out there, or anyone that has a known good one for a reasonable price. This is my daily driver now.

Thanks very much.
00 Triumph Sprint ST (4sale)
00 Polaris Xplorer 400 4x4
09 Kawi KLR