View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 04:41 AM

1982 240D started smoking on the freeway

Hi Guys,My name is Mikhail im new to this i know you guys ar EXPERTS here so yesterday i bought a 240D Mercedes Benz its a diesel i test drove it and it drove fine thru all the gears,but it had this little noise under the hood,it was this thing on that was making this noise wasent anything too bad,so i bought the Mercedes and it was a 2hour drive home.. i was driving down the freeway in 4th gear and i started to smell this burning smell, i didnt bother so i kept going i thought oldcar ohh well so than i thought maybe i should stop and see,so i pulled over and i had this smore all ober in front of the car!! i was pretty disapointed, i shut the car off opened the hood, i thought maybe the belt was slipping or something,so i got it towed to the guys house now,i dont really know what i can do,there seems like some line is disconected nearthe rear diferential and leaking something,maybe diesel or brake fluid? i thought maybe the brakes got stuck or something because the engine still runs as it did,please help me out guys i would greatly appreciate it.. its my first diesel car.
Thanks Ahead