View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

Cool I am sorry for your loss

I don't know how car insurance works in the Phillipines, but if you can, let the Insurance company write it off.

Not ONLY for the electrical gremlins that will plague it for the rest of its life, and the rust troubles mentioned, but also The filth, sewage, mold, decay, spores, mud, dirt, and toxic spores that wil make it a ftrue biohazard forever. RUN AWAY.

With the insurance money, you recieve, go find, and then import a good one from the USA - specifically from Los Angeles or Orange County, by Johnny Cargo or LBC, if they use containers, like they do for all those balikbayan boxes, (Maybe $1500 extra plus tax/customs to have a car sent?) in a container from Los Angeles, (where Mercedes Benzes of all years are abundant, but still cheap, (a huge over supply is there!) and beautifuly kept.

Maybe Patrick "BEIGE" or "p3lom" (Paolo) on the boards, could help, they are from the PI with family there. Some other people on the boards, here and on benzworld, also can help. Some of them, like "JoeE55" are from the PI too. I have met those guys personally and they are great.

Just my thoughts. Mabuhay,... Good luck..

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)

Last edited by Jim B.; 10-03-2009 at 07:47 AM.