Thread: Letterman
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 AM

Logically it’s not too hard to say where this will go. DL did the right thing by coming out with it. The worst it will cost him is his job (highly doubtful), marriage (plausible) and whatever property loss that causes, but at least he didn’t cave to an extortionist.

If DL gets fired, someone else will snap him up in milliseconds. He has a loyal following in the 10s of millions of fans, he is also a very wealthy man. Most fans expect or at least tolerate this kind of behavior from celebs for the reason that it is about 99% predictable.

Had DL folded, the fuk wad extortionist would have had a free license to come back again and again. Now the perp will likely go to jail after giving most of his income to attorneys, and no doubt also be fired from his cushy job.

If the perp wasn’t a toothless moron he would have just sold the move script and let the chips fall where they may.

If DL isn’t happy enough in the marriage to maintain fidelity then there would be no real loss to him by divorce. He certainly won’t lose access to his child and can probably replace everything he really cares about, even after giving half his estate to the ex. PLus he'd have no problem finding another GF.

I’d call Letterman’s solution an win win.

That said, I've never really cared about the lives of celebrity. At the end of the day wealth brings a level of contempt that puts most celebs in the category of sleaze bags. My dad called the phenomena “having too much fuk you money.” DL is obviously no different than the majority.