View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I love this place!!! :)

ey thanks guys...

yep, i fear the electrical gremlins the worst... and as it were the car had its glitches pre-flood...

i remember posting some time ago that my dream car would ba a "manualized/simplified" w140... basically the chassis, body, and a diesel (not the 350 ofcourse)... simply because i just love the way the car looks... the car is not insured btw... insurance here is not required... just the most basic to pass the yearly registration.

i hear ya'll about how it would just become a bio-hazard. but i've had my share of attempted restorations and i think i've seen worse. i'm willing to work on the car and strip everything and do a thorough clean-up... and attempt to "simplify" the w140...

of course its still waaaaay too early to start worrying about the car, we have too much on our hands... i'll keep you all posted, will document everything if i go through with it.

btw, the 250s was also submerged, it was close to junk status anyway so its no biggie... we had 2 other cars that were submerged, my mom's ford Escape and my sister's 2 door Pajero. Managed to save my 87 300TD as i was in the office when the flood occured. The sis used my dad's F150 that day so that was spared too.

Sir Jim, don't know the current process for importing cars here but i hear its very prohibitive... might just as well buy local... just to give you guys an idea... we bought the w140 about 3 years ago at around 1 million pesos... that's roughly 20,000usd that time... surprising huh? cars here are expensive, even the used ones... bummer

85 190E 2.3(SOLD)
86 230E (-->300D) sold
87 300D (-->300TD) sold
68 250S w/ a 615 and manual tranny (RIP)
87 300TD (SOLD)
95 S280 "The KRAKEN" (Turbo 2.9 602 transplant) traded
86 190E 2.3... current project