View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 AM

Help Timing Rebuilt engine in W124.

So here i sit 6 months after buying a 94 w124 e320 sedan. mint cond. at the time
Month 1. reverse gears goes, month 2. starts to run rough, month 3. forward gears start to slip, and engine starts to smoke black heavy and almost cease to run so time for a rebuild i think to myself, Well as i start to do my research i learn of the wiring issues i may have, so out to the car i go and yes harness is toast so i buy a new harness runs a little smoother but still smokes, so back to the forums and more research and with my limited knowledge of gas engines myself being a 22 year old cummins tech and fire medic yes i'm a diesel head and a horrible writer sorry, decide to pull the wonderful piece a german engineering we call mercedes, and yes i am a fan, so after it sitting in my garage for 2 months undriveable last week i pulled the engine and rebuilt it from the bottem up and now i'm stuck on the simplest of things, the timing At this point i have the engine sitting on the stand head torqued block painted cyl 1 at tdc and am stuck there feeling pretty stupid and would appreciate any knowledge or mockery guidance or questions any of you may have.

Many Thanks Nathan.

Also throwing around the thought of doing away with the mech. fan ?

oh and just a tad bit of additional info the harness from the tba was toast also so i have a rebuilt from 4mercedes on the way.