View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad300tdt View Post
Thanks Bryan.

I snipped the plug end off the wires that lead to the fader wheel and pulled them back into the head unit area. This made just enough room to feed the USB Port and cable through to the fader wheel spot.

Once I had the fader wires pulled back I removed the plastic sheathing and snipped all the cross wiring out so I was left with the 4 speaker wires. I determined which wire went to which speaker with a AA battery.
exacto knife and carefully trimmed the center of the cap out so the port could slide up flush with the top of the cap. Then I filed the fader wheel opening so the cap and port could fit into it. I took my time to make sure I got a very snug fit when it was all closed together. Then I fished the cable through the console fader wheel opening, snapped the fader wheel and the USB port all together and snapped the unit into the console opening.
A further bit of info for us wired challenged please.
You have four wires for four speakers? I'm working on the SD, same wiring set up AFAIK, and find four wires that the color corresponds to the rear speakers, positive and negative. So it seems that the front wires are somewhere I can't locate.
Any help would be appreciated.

84 CD