View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwrock View Post
What do you guys think of Precision Power and Soundstream amps?
It depends on which ones and date of production. I've heard a lot of good feedback on Soundstream amps, not sure to the specifics (I'd assume older models). Precision Power or PPI are excellent amps, but again older ones... from the "Art Series" to the PC series model line (Made in the US). The newer ones are made in some foreign country and the quality isn't the same.

I have an old school PPI Art Series Amp (A300) in my M3, powering CDT components

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad300tdt View Post
....Here's the subwoofer installation:

I removed the first aid kit box and saw that the subwoofer touched the fuel tank so I needed to make a riser to give the clearance needed. I made the riser with MDF and covered it with marine grade vinyl. I used 1-1/2" long brass tubes as spacers to hold the lid from the first aid kit up to allow the sub to breath. There is a rubber faucet washer above and below the lid to absorb the bass vibrations and the bolt is screwed into a captive nut under the riser. I needed to drill two holes in the rear deck so the riser would have 4 screws holding it in place since the first aid kit is only held in with the back edge of the box and two screws at the front edge.

I may still go back and paint the bolt heads and washers so they match the cover, but it's not too bad as is.
Very clever sub setup, how does the IB install sound? I was thinking of a single sealed 10" woofer, but I need to find a way to get it into the cabin.