View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:33 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Jeremy I thought that was a misprint. $473.22 . are they gold plated?

I had to look it up, Dang, you are right. then I looked up my 85 300D. $178.81 for the two.

There is nothing special about MB hoses. just two bent pipes with a rubber hose crimped on the ends.

I had mine made at a hydraulic hose shop. I used my Dremel with a cut off wheel. made a cut down both sides of the crimp, pried it off and pulled off the old hose. took the 2 bent pipes and the 2 off the oil cooler to the Hose Shop, and they welded on hydraulic fittings, and made new hoses with Parker Push Lock Hose and fittings.

These hoses had been on with the old engine, and now 22xxx miles with the new engine. I don`t feel this is a hack job in any way, the hack job is the price for new one`s.

I have had a lot of hoses made from this shop for Road Graders, Back Hoes, Dump Trucks etc.... and the hydraulic systems on these are a lot higher pressure than the MB oil system.

when I changed mine the first time, the date on the crimp was 1984. so they had been on for 20 yrs. now that is pushing it. the rubber was hard as a rock. they should be changed probably at 10 yr entervals to be on the safe side.

I`ll post a couple pictures if interested.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works