View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM

W210 Power problems this morning

So this morning on my way to work my 96 E300D started to give me some problems. About 2 minutes into the drive the car stated loosing power. The engine rpms would fluctuate and the engine would not run smooth. the transmission also started to shift rough since the engine speed jumped up and down. After having to stop at a stop sign I could not get it to accelerate past 10 mph. I also noticed that the dashboard light flickered as well. When I pulled over the engine started to idle nice again. I turned the car off and started it up and it was little better, but could not get the car to go over 40mph. It also ran really slow would not want to accelerate like usual, and I just felt that the engine ran differently. the k 40 relay i replaced a year ago, some 9000 miles ago. i am wondering if it could be the EGR valves? Any other ideas. I will see what happens on my lunch break. Also I am in New Hampshire so it was cold this moring, and there was a lot of frost. Not sure if the temp could have done something.