View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Benzholic

I appreciate the caveat that would be logical to point out, but the negatively closed thermostat operates just as a standard thermostat in the functioning of the top plate (route to the radiator). It opens and closes as an ordinary thermostat and therefore it does not interfere with duration the engine takes to bring itself to temperature. It retains this functionality on its entirety.

I concur with the placement of the temp probe anywhere, the hose or the radiator itself. It can also utilise the existing auxiliary fan thermoswitch. In some models, mine for example, not having an auxiliary fan originally, the location of the thermoswitch was plugged with a blank bolt which I removed and placed the pertinent thermoswitch for an auxiliary air fan to run the electric fan I installed (see pic red thermoswitch).

In the last 7 years since I installed the electric fan and the negative closing thermostat the only thing to observe is during the winter months the engine runs below 80C and I place a rubber mat 17”X10” between the AC condenser and the coolant radiator from underneath the car resting inside the bottom plastic protector cover (it takes 2 minutes to install/remove) and everything is agreeable.