View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninva View Post
man, this is getting confusing! All i think i know for sure is that even if the valve arm is in the release position, it should only release down to base pressure, not beyond base pressure. So if the rear sags lower that it should, there is a leak, in an accumulator, shock, internally in the sls valve or elsewhere.

I think normal ride height should be something like 13" from center of wheel to fender lip.

I think it is wrong to manipulate the lever to raise the unloaded ride height. Where it sets, running and unloaded, with the valve arm in the neutral position, is where you ought to set the length of the adjustable linkage rod to.
The thing is "where it sets, running and unloaded with the valve arm in the neutral position" is wherever you set it to. I think what you are saying is "lower it to its base position and set the arm to level with the adjusting rod" because it will always "set" at whatever height you set it to when you install the adjusting rod to level the valve arm.

I don't think you can do any harm setting the height to some arbitrary level and installing the adjusting rod to set the arm level at that height. It would be the same as if you drove around with a load in the back all the time and parked it. There would always be pressure in the system fighting the load. Instead you are just fighting the weight of the car unloaded, but that's just my opinion...does anyone have a copy of the official WIS directions for setting up the valve? That would tell how the systems designer's intended it to be set.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz