View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 12:11 AM

I plan on taking in the Pacific Northwest diesel meet that is being discussed elsewhere in this forum in the 300D, but will do the Pacific Coast Highway the next time I either get 10 days or more off or am unemployed again. The 888 has been improved & is a much more comfortable bike than the days of my aforementioned experience, and I used to really like long bike rides, but 48 of your Earth Years will have passed this fall, (time flies when youre in a coma) and I am finding a couple 14 hour days crouched into a racers tuck to be a bit less easy to uncurl from & I flatly refuse to buy a Wingebago. I mainly do solo weekenders now - Too many poorly healed crash damaged bones to live in the saddle like I did in the seventies (before the advent of stiff frames and helmet laws).
Congrats on the purchase of your Big Triple, BenchRacer. I have admired those bikes for a while, They handle well, are stable at speed (unlike the twitchy Honda CBRs I have ridden) have great predictable brakes (Brembo's, I believe) and have sensible ergonomics for use in The Real World. They have that understated elegance - like a Mercedes Benz - and arent covered in neon and advertising like the products of Hamamatsu.
A bike for a Mercedes afficionado.
By the way - is it that Deep Dark Blue? You will notice the similarity to Triumph motorcycle colours and Mercedes Benz colours.