View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 PM

Mein AC ist kaput...

I recently removed my AC electronic control unit, took it all apart, cleaned and replaced the missing bulbs. Also glued the dial whose plastic strip (blue and red) was all coming apart... it looks nice now, the fan blows hi/low/auto. I was hoping to spot some type of electronic circuit board problem in there - but it was all good, so I reinstalled it, but the A/C still doesn't work. All I ever get is hot air no matter what buttons I press or where I set the temp dial.

I know there've been a lot of posts on the subject, so no need to reinvent the wheel in this thread - I just need a little direciton on which troubleshooting path to pursue. Should I follow Dieselgiant's DYI to flush the lines, and refill the freon - I have a friend who can do it.

The compressor is new - the belts are new but I'm not even sure I know how to turn the compressor on... .would like to test that first. Is it possible ot measure voltage at that plug?! What should the controls be set to for that? Any suggestions, links to follow?!

THanks,
James
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser - 3X locked; 182K