View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 PM

Finally MB owner. 190 2,5td tuning

I am back with good news

Just bought a sweet little darling. Dark grey 1988 pre facelift automatic tranny and without any egr or messy aircond. Had it for three days, and I am superhappy with it.

I dream about sending the IP to mynä some glory day, but before that investment, I want to install a sequential roots supercharger (lysholm/eaton) to see if I can make that work together with the stock turbo in a relatively smooth way, before I invest in 7mm.

I plan to move the alternator (to aircond position) and put a supercharger below the turbo. Keep original airflow routing above and across cylinderhead, but replace the crossovertube with a homemade A/W cooler unit to keep it compact.

I have asked some supercharger stuff here before, but this is still unanswered

Q: How much CFM is OM602 consuming without turbo(at say 2000rpm)? Is there an airflowgraph somewhere?
-And how much CFM is it possible to press through the 602 before turning the supercharger into a heatpump?
-What model eaton is then suitable depending on airflow/pressure, and what will be a good gearing ratio?

The supercharger will only be there as an initial airprovider before the turbo spools. Practically speaking it will only be working below 2500 and for very short periods.