View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 07:01 PM

I did this a couple months ago, not a fun job. All I really remember is that all the instructions I could find, including the ones that came with the filters, were woefully inadequate.

Also, that parts of the rain gutter under the windshield were sealed together, and I had to "un-seal" them. Proof that the filters had NEVER been changed. Nevertheless there was quite a horrifying amount of buildup on the them.

Putting the plastic screen back together seemed unusually difficult. I think the pieces may had deformed a bit with heat and age, took forever to get it to fit right. Also, the driver side screen is put together differently than the passenger side. Deceiving, since they look exactly the same.

There is a temperature sensor clipped to the passenger side of the filter box. Be sure it is put back correctly. I think it must sense airflow as well, because I could not get my a/c to work after I put everything back together. I opened it up again to find the sensor still plugged in, but not sitting in it's clip properly. A/C worked fine after that.

You are talking about the '95 right? I say just dive in, but leave yourself a couple hours to figure it out.

1995 E300D 216k black/mushroom

1982 300SD (sold)