View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Don't Tread on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerwagen80 View Post
Anyone else here ever have an issue with their 107 draining batteries?
I've checked to see if there are lights on or accesories running when it's off, can't find anything obvious. I have looked at the fuse panel and there doesn't seem to be any thing wired into the fuse bus. I have removed the aftermarket stereo and capped ALL the wires (even the speaker wires...overkill I know but better safe than sorry.) I have not been able to find the culprit.

I think I will buy a big open knife cutout switch that installs on the battery post and just turn it off when it's parked until I can get to the bottom of it.
The biggest culprit for battery drain is that damn climate control servo. When you turn off the ignition, it is suppose to go into park mode. You'l hear it cycling(maybe), when when the ignition is turned off.

Try this: With the engine running, get out and open up the hood. Get back inside and turn the car off. Quickly get back out and stand near the passenger side firewall. You should hear the servo motor running for about 10seconds. If you don't hear it, that's your power drain. It will stay energized and drain the battery if the "park position isn't reached. 8 out of 10 times, that will be the problem. If you don't hear it, give the servo a few hard taps on the side, that may be enough to get it going. If not, pull the two 5 pin connectors and disable the servo, that should stop the battery drain.