Thread: Bummed.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 AM
You talkin’ to me?

Bummed.

So I was replacing the tierods on the '95 tonight and I noticed the was a little fuel leaking down from somewhere above. After finishing the tierods I went above for a look. It looked like the the leak might be coming from the fuel line that runs from the prefilter to the lift pump - at the lift pump end. I figure the o-ring had had it, so I decided that I would try to take care of it. I manged to get it disconnected at both ends, pulled out the line, replaced the o-rings with new Viton rings and then proceeded to try and get the line back in. Well, it was obviously more dificult going back in because of the nice new o-rings. Because I had left everything in place (didn't pull the maifold - although I just had it off the other day to replace all the glowplugs) I was trying to use a small pry bar to reach down in there and get a little leverage to pres on the back of the plastic connector and pop the end of the connector back where it belongs. All of the sudden - snap - the freakin plastic connector breaks right at the thin spot where the o-ring fits on. Now I am out my car for at least tomorrow - good grief!

"Back off, man. I’m a scientist” ~ Peter Venkman