View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Certified Benzaholic

Tough decision pending on Pearl , my 72-450SL

Many of you know Pearl , my 72 450 SL , she came into my life a few years ago, and since then has been the apple of my eye
She really is perfect , that is as far as a 35 year old Benz 147,000 mile car can be. She has perfect paint , interior and mechanicals. She is all original save for a few "upgrades" on my part. she is well ...perfect. Over the time I had her and her PO she has had ground up restoration - everthing has been done- from frame to body to top
0-60 within specs, starts ,stops perfect, rubber , and under hood - perfect
Vacuum system - perfect. Seats ( thanks Rowdie), leather - perfect.
There is nothing that needs to be done. I would take her cross country in a heartbeat.
She is as close to going back in time to a dealers showroom as I have seen. You can check out my links , my many threads on her restoration. http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg189/meltedpanda/1972%20450SL/
But... tumultuous times are looming, and as I look around , she stands as an asset.
I certainly would appreciate any comments on her value. Pros/Cons of keeping her . I would not look to put her on ebay ,or even craigslist, she stands too proud for those venues. Iwould like to think that I would only let her go to a MB person .
My hopes is that “this too shall pass” but trying to weigh my options,and need to be able to make a decsion should I need to

I know right now the market is soft but any advice on value or to best "show her off" would be appreciated.
Sadly MERCEDESLESS - ALways LOOKING !
99 E320 THE Queen Mary - SOLD
62 220b - Dolly - Finally my Finny! Sadly SOLD
72 450SL, Pearl-SOLD
16 F350 6.7 Diesel -THOR
19 BMW X5 - Heaven on Wheels
14 38HP John Deere 3038E Tractor -Mean Green
84 300SD, Benjamin -SOLD
71 220 - W115-Libby ( my first love) -SOLD
73 280 - W114 "Organspende" Rest in Peace
81 380 SL - Rest in Peace