View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlair View Post
My car does have the infamous hot idle shake, so it's definitely possible that the Meyle mounts I installed would have lasted much, much longer than 6 months if my engine was running properly. I definitely should have added that caveat when I panned the Meyle mounts. However, I still *suspect* you're better off avoiding them and going with Lemfoerder or something (~double the cost, $25 instead of $12 or in that ballpark) for the following reason; when the mounts were done, the tie rods were replaced as well with Meyle parts, and those *also* failed in less than a year, all four boots were badly ruptured. I suppose it's possible that this was also caused by the shake, but I'm more inclined to blame it on cheap rubber. But I could be 100% wrong.

On a related note, I'm just now noticing the myriad threads asserting that old fuel lines can cause hot idle shake, and that seems to fit my symptoms. Hopefully that will calm things down.
This does not discount your experience:
I do not know what to say as I have $8+shipping Uro Motor Mounts on my Car and also their transmission mount. And, it has been over a year and they have not collasped or caused any other problem.

It could be that the Meyle ones are even poorer quality even though the cost more.

At the begining of the month I bought a Linclon Electric Welding Rod Holder for my Arc Welder. I had barely turned the screw to attach the Cable to it and it stripped out. (Made In China.)

These ounce quality companies are buying Junk and plastering their name on it. You do not know what type of quality you will end up with from anyone anymore.