View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 PM

first time poster need help with transmission

I am looking at a 84 300sd to buy the problem is with the transmission it goes into reverse fine no lag . shift 1st ,2nd,3rd great but no fouth gear at all like it goes into neutral even shifting Manuely it does the same thing. From the fourth gear can shift down to third or slow the car down it will shift to third . the current owner allowed me to take the car home to fiddle with changed the fluid/filter no help, unhooked the vaccum line to the trans no help, the modulator did not hold vaccum,but my 300cd doesnt either and it shifts fine. can this transmission be repaired econmicaly or is the fourth gear band toasted . she want 400.00 for the or 500 with chrome 15 wheels like the one on the car but chromed . all commits welcomed exempt for my grammar and spelling thanks again for your time and experience
Attached Thumbnails
first time poster  need help with transmission-300sd-099.jpg   first time poster  need help with transmission-300sd-101.jpg   first time poster  need help with transmission-300sd-108.jpg   first time poster  need help with transmission-300sd-103.jpg