Thread: FS 1991 300D
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL View Post
I was trying to get somebody to pull the trigger on this car, but they snoozed and they loosed..........
Well the only looser here is me I guess, seeing how much I put into the car after buying and then almost killing myself working on the car. But most of us here will never come close to making a profit on the sale of a car, but that is life I guess.

My selling price was based of the amount of money I put in the car, not what I paid for the car or even market value. I based it on repair dollars spent, and this morning realized I undershot the mark about a $1000 at the very least. It was the cost of transmission that got me, I was thinking $1300 but correct figure was $2300, seems age and senility has again raised its ugly head. I was thinking $2600 was not to bad for almost 2 1/2 years of driving, but this morning that figure jumped to $3600 and that is not counting the original cost of the car. Now I don't feel so good about selling the car, except I will not have to look at the car that I almost killed myself over in my garage a few months ago.

Oh well it's only money, and you can't take it with you when you die. And I am not leaving any behind for the guy that might replace me, or a unappreciative kid.

'13 Chrysler 200 Touring Candy Red. Grandma's ride.

Age and cunning will always over come youth and vigor.