View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Rogue T Intolerant!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontwheel View Post
can i bring squash for motor transplant? converting to a 300d from a 240d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter View Post
Not enough time.
I am doing a 300D at this moment, complications/parts takes roughly two days.
Even in Dallas on week days.

I tend to respectfully disagree. As long as we have access to an engine hoist I think me and Andy can get this done, and I feel sure there will be other folks more than happy to pitch in.
Something like that would be quite a nice accomplishment for a GTG!!
Roy, we don't necessarily need you to run the point on this. We might have a glow plug wiring question or so, but then again maybe not. We just need access to an engine hoist and if we get another helper or two that's just gravy.
So, would we at least have access to an engine hoist? I have the load leveling apparatus.
This is a car that will be hauled to the GTG and hauled back home. No expectation of drive-ability due to the need for a shortened driveshaft and the exhaust work.
We hope to pull the engine/tranny from Squash, separate tranny. Mate tranny to NA OM617 with proper 5cyl flywheel and install back into the Squash. Andy already has the proper shortened shifter linkages too for the shifter.
Slap back onto trailer for Andy to take home and get the rest of the work finished. Andy is coming off a broken shoulder and could probably use our help.
Can we qualify for special dispensation?
Oh, and did I ask if an engine hoist would be available??

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John