View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerwagen80 View Post
I have been keen to inject humor into my posts because I expected the detractors and naysayer's to come out in the first place.

Arguing on the internet with someone is a sure sign of mental instability.

I am not here seeking approval or for that matter permission to do this.

I want to enjoy building a steel replica of a car I think is one of the most beautiful Mercedes ever made.

A car built just for me that I can actually drive without worry of it being devalued with each mile it will accumulate.

I want to get as close to the real thing in look and feel as time and money will allow.

I am not concerned in the least that the purists won't appreciate it until it's finished and then may not like it and will insist on picking it apart.

I will be the one who owns a dream machine he built with his own money, blood, sweat, and tears.

A car that underneath it all is still a Mercedes and not the dream of some other person who for reasons of economy had to resort to fiberglass and compromise. Then had to sell copies of it to other people who lacked either the skill's or the courage to be a follower of dreams.

When it's done I will have the memories of what I accomplished and some terrific stories to tell my car buddies when we're all at Denny's gumming our grand slam breakfasts.

Worst case scenario the experience will be worth the effort and best case scenario I'll end up with the look and feel of a hand crafted custom steel coached automobile that turns heads and will go for a few hundred thousand miles.

Wasn't that what most of the people who actually purchased w29's experienced?

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed... but I'm certainly not the dullest!

"People who lack vision are doomed to live in a world filled with compromises.

People that have vision but lack fortitude are doomed to spend their lives working for the dreams of others.

People who have both are the one's enjoying life!"

S.L.Alexander
All right all ready, enough talking, start doing!