View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:19 PM

1988 2.3L 8V 190e still stalling!

I had posted about this problem before and many parts were replaced since including a head gasket replacement with a complete head overhaul.
Here is a summary of my issue:
The car stalls at idle regardless of temperature.
Sometimes it doesn't start the first time.
Sometimes it will start for a few seconds then it will stall.
When running the car never stalls but I do feel once in a while like something is going wrong and the car has a small power hiccup.
The car will stall randomly at stop while in gear. Typically without warning but sometimes I can see the SRS light come on and the car idling like a tractor.

Here are some of the major parts replaces:
OVP, ICV, EHA, EZL, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Distributor, Fuel Pump Relay, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, Fuel Accumulator, PVC, Vacuum hoses to the ICV, Rubber boot for the Air Meter, Air Meter Potentiometer, Temperature Sensor, Fan Clutch Sensor, Temperature Sender, Thermostat, Gas Cap, Speed Sensor, Crank Sensor, Intake Gasket, Spark Plugs, Ignition Wires, Ignition Coil, Cap and Rotor. Swapped several ECUs.
Head Work:
Machined and honed the head, and valve seating. New intake and exhaust valves, new stem guides, new hydraulic tappets, new camshaft, new chain, new chain guides, new chain tensioner. New water pump, new serpentine belt.
Exhaust work:
New from head to toe except the header. (new cat, new resonator, new muffler and O2 sensor)

What else I need to do to get this car to stop stalling?