View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 01:27 AM
ಠ_ಠ

First off welcome to the forum guys, should have said that earlier!

Here is my $0.02. There is nothing more expensive than a cheap benz. I drove my MB home thinking I got a bargain at less than $1000. A couple thousand dollars later, many hours, and lots of sweat, I'm buying a whole 'nother SD to swap my engine/trans into. My surface rust issue (or so I thought) developed quickly into frame rot. If I addressed all my issues, I'd run up another couple thousand bucks VERY easily. We rarely get a good ROI on these cars, even after sinking a lot of money in it, you'll rarely get it back if you try and sell it. I'm not trying to discourage you, just try and look at it more holistically. Decent diesel MBs pop up all the time, no harm in waiting for a great example to come around. Rust is the biggest issue anywhere up north, and these cars are GREAT at hiding it, mainly why I recommended running from it. Perhaps there are some members around your area in MI who could check it out too and let you know what they think and you could weigh that in. That is my somewhat harsh but sincere advice. We'll be happy to answer any more questions you've got.
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth