View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 PM
https://fintail.org

Here are some pictures I took of the car tonight. It's raining and not very good lighting, but this should work for now to give you an idea of the condition of the car I bought. Overall, I think $1,200 was a good price. It's in nicer condition than I expected, with the exception of the rusty rocker panels and the engine being very dirty and in need of much new rubber.

The body really only has a couple of door dings as far as dents go. The paint and chrome are shiny. The rocker panels, unfortunately, are rusty and the driver side will need to be replaced (and advice on this?). All glass is good and I think it is tinted. The interior is almost perfect, but that ugly carpet has to go. Remarkably, the top of the rear seat and the headliner are not sunburned.

I'm currently waiting on a proper oil filter kit (have the oil) and will need to remove all the rubber fuel hose to find what sizes I need to order biodiesel-compatible hose. Much of the hose is crimped into banjo fittings and such, but I think if I can cut the crimped hose off and then clamp the new hose to the fittings themselves. I'll be replacing the tank screen and fuel filters while I'm at it. I will replace the rubber valve cover elbow to stop that oil leak, then clean the engine to see if it has other leaks. Then the engine will be back up and running for now until I have the money to replace all coolant hoses and flush the cooling system and put in Zerex G-05 coolant. I want to also replace the heater core valves if they are still available new/affordable so I have no chance of coolant leaks other than in the case the heater cores or radiator may leak (they aren't currently leaking). Then the shift linkage on the transmission end will need work to get rid of the ridiculous amount of slop.

I will be installing 14" wheels that will accept the original hubcaps for more ideal gearing.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking At Buying 1968 200D W110-1968200d.jpg   Looking At Buying 1968 200D W110-1968200d2.jpg   Looking At Buying 1968 200D W110-1968200d3.jpg   Looking At Buying 1968 200D W110-1968200d4.jpg   Looking At Buying 1968 200D W110-1968200d5.jpg