Thread: air conditioner
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Steve - The clutch would not engage. I either had a faulty clutch, was out of refrigerant, or had a faulty low pressure switch.

A pro at helped me out. He told me that Accords were notorious for faulty low pressure switches. In my case the R-12 leaked out where the switch fastens to the receiver-dryer, so I had a bad switch and no juice.

The tech had me pull the switch connection, then jumper it with a wire turned in a u-shape. The A/C switch on the dash had to first be activated. The clutch engaged. You do not want to engage for long if you're dry. This does narrow down the problem. Once engaged, I saw no gurgitation in the sight glass, especially upon activation of the clutch. I was sure the juice was gone as was the switch.

I haven't dealt with this on a Benz yet, but I suspect the process is similar
Mike Murrell
1991 300-SEL - Model 126
M103 - SOHC

James Madison - Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.

Liberty Firearms Training - After years of trying to regulate California criminals with a never ending stream of gun control laws they have still not given up with the belief that if they make something a crime that criminals will miraculously start obeying the law.