View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
<--- The famed Diesel-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian White View Post
Do you measure EGT's? FI says the increased power is unuseable because of high EGT levels...
ya know I didnt... I know I should have, but i didnt have an extra pyro probe and I do have a bit of diesel experiance so i didnt keep my foot buried into it. Judging on how much black smoke its pushin and how hard it pulls, im pretty confident egt's would be over 1000*F with out much issue. I do have another pyro probe now and im itchin for some speed so I might find out?

Now if I can manage to get a calm'er idle out of it and get things adjusted well, with a bigger more efficiant turbo and an intercooler and keep EGT's manageable, it would make for a pretty quick ride. Specially considering how relaxed these 617's are stock/lightly modded. Just needs more air to burn with all that fuel. Even it its still a bit warm, i dont see why i couldnt make some pump adjustments to get it in the good.

82' 300SD, parting out!
93' 300TE 4matic, parting out!
83' 240D Project Cheap Drive
89' 300E, parting out!
74' Datsun 510 wagon
88' RX7 10thAE, 13B track car build soon

Skippy~ As for perception: Drive what you like and can afford. Those who don't like it can supply vacuum to one of your components. LOL

If you need parts, I have some!