View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 PM

Injector / PreChamber Question (after searching)

I apologize if there has been a thread on this (couldn't find one using the search)

I rebuilt my set of injectors a little while back. A local owner found out I 'tinker' with these and asked me to rebuild and pop-test his injectors.

240D 283,000 Miles

When I did my injectors there was very little build up (carbon, oil) beyond the tip of the injector.

The 283,000mile 240D had so much oil, carbon on them it was difficult to remove them from the pre-chamber.

My question:

Is there/could there be a problem with the pre-chamber if there is this much build up? Could it be that the crush washer is just not sealing properly and a new set of washers will take care of it? Is there something else?

I was a gasser mechanic for years. The rebuild on my injectors went pretty much by the book (had to re-test one injector five times to get the pop pressure right) but didn't want to rebuild these injectors, install them with new washers and have this guy have problems in a short amount of time.

I do mechanical work (usually on gassers) on the side for extra money. I want to make sure everything is right if I'm going to do this.

Comments?