View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
My tach hasn't worked in a while bit I remember cruising around 60 was about 3000rpms. It is much higher then you'd think but if it wasn't shifting into 4th it would probably be about 4500. Sounds like weak springs in the valve body but you have replaced those? I am also assuming you have properly adjusted he bowden cable for proper shift points
Thanks and I'll check both of those things out. I have a valvebody that I rebuilt with Superior shift kit. I'll see if that makes a difference.

Regarding the tach, my brother helped me out with a simple fix. In my case the tach was okay, so there is a common problem with the tach. There is a round cap on the driver's side fender well that unscrews. This apparently is related to the tach, but I'm not sure of the proper name of the part. Unscrew the cap. Separate the inside from the cap. The reason my tach was working intermittently was due to this unit not having proper contact with the socket. Put a shim of some type in there. It forces the contacts of the plug into the socket further.