View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

Stopped by Joe's today. Heck of a nice guy, and some nice cars.

My first stop was North of Peabody Kansas to look at a 1962 220SE finny. It is in very nice shape inside and out, but has been sitting in a storage building for some years. It would only fire when we put a bit of gasoline in the carbs. I don't take on non-runners like that, so it was a pass, especially at the $2500 asking price. Sure was a nice car, though, and comes with a garage full of parts.

Then Ol' Turbo and I went back home, stopping by Joe's place on the way back. You could see his two '83s from a long distance, making his house easy to find.

The runner is brown with a light beige interior. 31x,xxx miles, but runs and drives it had half. Very low blowby, smooth accelleration, and shifts perfectly compliments of the good used transmission he replaced early in Joe's ownership. The car is well worn, but obviously well taken care of all its life. The only pertinent issue I noticed is a humming from the left front bearing, and no apparent rust issues from my quck once over. A few other secondary issues are needed as well, but overall a fairly nice car.

The non-runner is silver with navy interior. 35x,xxx miles. He apparently drove it home, and started it regularly until the ignition locked up. If someone wanted to tackle that bear of a job, it would probably be a driver as well, but nowhere near as nice as the brown one. At one point it was hit on the front right, and while the repair was adequate, its far from pretty. The interior is pretty much gone as well.

The best part about these cars is the price. At 2k for the pair, someone would be getting a helluva deal. Unfortunately I have too many cars (see sig) and am going to practice some rarely used restraint on my part. The cars also come with the full factory FSMs...

Looks like I'm going home empty handed, but it was a good stretch of Ol' Turbo's legs.

2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!