View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
From a standstill "2" will hold the vehicle in first gear. However, if you shift to "3", the transmission will shift to second. If you then shift back to "2", it will hold the vehicle in second and will not drop back to first unless you slow the vehicle to about 10 mph. It will return to first earlier than it's normal behavior when in "D".
This thread just got very interesting. The thoughts and advice here are great. I'm going to keep fiddling with the Bowden cable until I emulate the responses here.

My most recent findings are that only under heavy full-throttle acceleration I can get into 1. Normal pedal pressure has it starting in 2 and upshifting as normal.

Now that I'm confident that the transmission is operating close to normal I have a question on clunking. It clunks upon shifting into gears up or down. I'm under the assumption this is a mount or bushing issue. I reused the original transmission mount, which looked to be fairly clean and firm, but I didn't pay much attention to it.