View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:34 PM
strelnik strelnik is offline
Fold on dotted line
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Mich
Posts: 3,110
Originally Posted by sokoloff View Post
Call 1-800-FOR-MERC(EDES) and give them your VIN as well as your personal information. They can advise you if there are any open recalls. They also have access to the VMI (vehicle maintenance information), but that only gives information about work done while the car was under warranty and it is very likely that older cars (like early 80's and back) may not be in the system. They won't give you the VMI, but may tell you a little about your car if you catch them in a good mood. Dealers also have access to the VMI, but MBUSA does not allow them to give it out anymore, but if you've got a good relationship with someone at the dealership, you may be able to at least read it and take copious notes. Some will still even print it out for you.
A print-out would be fine.

Invest in America: Buy a Congressman!

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6
Reply With Quote