View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
https://fintail.org

I think the alternator might not be charging because it's not really connected to the engine block, and it might need to be grounded. The alternator bracket is loose at the engine because the bolts won't tighten any further at the block. I think there are maybe supposed to be some washers there. Also, the alternator is loose at the bracket. It wiggles around in the bracket and I wonder if there is supposed to be a spacer washer in there. Then, then adjusting eye bolt from the alternator to the block wiggles because apparently there is a washer missing at the engine block by the eyelet. Whoever rebuilt the engine must have lost some parts.

When my roommate pays me back the money I loaned him I will probably have enough to "finish" the car, at least mechanically. I've just been slaving away at the car for days on end (as much as 15 continuous hours) and I've felt like I haven't had time for other things. It can be discouraging trying to work on the car when it is below freezing and I can't clean anything because all the cleaning product is frozen in the bottle and the car has ice on it. I miss the summer.

I want to make this work, it is just hard to balance my time and income to make it work and it gets annoying. I wish I could get decent money for all of the W116 parts I have in storage, but so far it seems everything I've been trying to sell I've ended up giving away--literally--in some cases it has cost me money after shipping ended up being more expensive than I quoted. I did get $100 for a set of 5 nice bundt wheels, so it hasn't been a total loss.