View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
By what measure did you determine that? Do you have the ability to determine that there has been no deformation to an installed part? (Some deformation occurs every time an interference-fit part is installed.)

I have personally seen one ball joint that was completely loose (meaning that the ball flopped around in the socket) following installation with a generic press. That may have been an extreme case, but there is no doubt that some deformation occurs in any case.
I determine by the fact that I myself and numerous other people have used the Autozone press without damaging the joint.

You however base your comments on speculation since you yourself have never used the Autozone press. And you base your comments on the one or two individuals who weren't successful in using it. These same people probably would have messed it up with the proper tool anyway.

I have read a lot of your posts and your a great asset to this site but your not always right.
The bottom line is if your going to make a comment base it on facts not speculation.

Danny

OBK member #23

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination