View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlipps View Post
I guess without the cushions removed then I can add a few inches to that number if needed.
I have a friend who is a funeral director and is interested in buying one of these for his DD but wants to know if he could use it for a first call car. Currently he drives a Suburban but he drives a lot of miles and would like to cut his fuel bill some. And it would be nice to not have to change cars when he got a call so we are trying to determine if the inside dimensions are long enough.
Thanks for the help.
With the rear seat cushion tilted up, it is 71 3/4"
With the rear seat cushion removed, it is 78 3/4".

The distance at the bottom edge of the window is the same +/- 1/2". However, there is a bulge in the center at the window level for the 3rd brake light on my 1998. It is about 8" wide and 3" deep so subtract 3" if you have something that high. Also, these are with the front seat in about mid position (front to back) so you could gain about 3" by moving the seat forward.

These should be pretty accurate for 1997-2003 W210 wagons. I have heard that the W211 wagons had a little less room but that was a subjective comment.

Good luck. Hope this helps some.