View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 07:24 AM

The only guys I will allow to work on my BMW (other than me) is ******** downtown. Will (who owns the shop) is a BMW trained mechanic. I had them install a new valve body in the tranny of my 540i over the summer and Will was the only person (including the BMW forum) who knew the updated valve body also required a new EEPROM to match the modifications. The EEPROM has to be matched to the serial number of the trans and he passed through the $25 for the programmed EEPROM from the dealer which is less than the meter of fuel line I last bought from those buzzards at BMW of Nashville. My tranny has performed perfectly since.

I almost always see a few MBs, Volvos, and Porches in there (sometimes some REALLY interesting ones) and would have no hesitation taking my Benz there; in fact, I plan to take it there next Monday for some final touches I will not have time to finish before I give it to Mom.

I would most certainly stay away from Earol on Charlotte. I had one of his guys change the trans fluid and filter in my 300E when I first got it and saw his guy use a power driver (OK, it was cordless) to re-install my trans pan. The verdict when I got it back from the trans guy (after the tranny dumped fluid all over the exhaust and I fumigated East Tennessee) was 'the pan was warped'.

Last edited by zhandax; 12-23-2009 at 07:35 AM.