View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 02:26 AM
As an owner of a 97 E320, I think I can help you out. The oil filter is located at the back of the engine. There is an twelve dollar wrench that the dealer sells which will come in handy if you plan on keeping the car. I havent bought it because I put a latex glove on my hand and use some elbow grease. If you need the oil filter kit; you could probably find it on fastlane or you could buy it from the dealer for a couple of bucks more. The housing is a spin on set-up and all you really have to do is take out the old cartridge and put the new one in its place. The drain plug is on the bottom of the engine under the cover but once you open it, you will get really messy. If you dont have a jack dont even try to do the traditional oil change. The first obstacle is to get under the engine and unscrew the belly pan. Second obstacle is try not to lose any of the pan's corresponding screws. The third is how to clean the oil off your clean white garage floor. Try using a topsider, I use it and I like it alot. As oil goes, I use Mobil 1 10W30. I live in So. Cal and I don't worry about the cost of the oil because it costs 125 to change it at the dealer.