View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Banned

SD climate control

I've got the SD back on the road after 18 months and am enjoying driving it.

During it's hiatus, it received a new auxiliary water pump and it's functioning properly.

The climate control system is also working properly with respect to all of its air doors..........all the pods are functional.

The issue is the temperature at the defrost outlets above the dash and the temperature of the center vents.

When the engine is fully warm.........90°C.........the temperature of the air at the footwells is very warm.........and comfortable.

However, the leak air at the defrost outlets (using the economy button) is best described as cold.........not quite as cold as ambient (25°F) but noticeable colder than body temperature.

The air from the center vents (vacuum on all the time) is also the same..........cold. I close the dash sliders to eliminate most of it.

The question that I have is for those who are intimately familiar with the airflow of these units. How can the system provide hot air to the footwells, hot air to the side window defrost outlets, cold air to the defrost outlets at the windshield and cold air to the center vents?

Appreciate it if WAG's are not part of the responses...........