View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 06:14 PM
No Dumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSparkNeeded View Post
Then can "fresh" air be warmed air? Should in theory only A/C or ambient outside air blow through the center vents? I have felt warm air through the center vents with the heater on, even though it was cold outside.Has anyone done a "map" of the climate control settings, and what vent is supposed to be doing what, at each button setting, and fan speed? I might be having a stupid attack, however, I'm never real sure, in detail, what each button setting is supposed to do, when it's functioning properly. I use the "EC" setting mostly, and the defrost. I'm sure there was heh, "intelligent design" going on in the german engineer's mind, however I'd kinda like the center vents to do whatever the side ones are doing, at all tyou are imes.
If you are feeling warm air thru the center vents when the heat is on, some warm air is naturally raising from the housing of the heat exchanger, which is below the fresh air duct, but if the air flow is measurable thru the center vents, then the vent flap is opening when it shouldn't be. And yes, I did some mental mapping the system many years ago when I replaced the CC for a manual system in my W123. Unfortunately, I forgot most of it when I said, "Good riddense" to the CC.

Don't Chrome them; polish them