View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Oil and fuel under injector pump

Diesel|911

Where would the lower pan and throttle arm seal be located? I appreciate the help - repair costs kept me awake nearly all night. Is this a job I can do, it took me two days to do the oil pan gasket (my injector pump was fine before I did this). Let me tell you how I did it. I took all the things loose to lift the engine up with a lifter. When I got all the bolts out & let the oil pan drop I ran my fingers along the top edge of the pan. There was not a gasket. I got a mirror to look at the top to make sure - no gasket. Knowing this I thought about all the other things I would need to do to get the pan off, such as; remove the oil pump & and lower the sway bar. Since the gasket was made of some type of rubber material I decided to slip one corner under the oil pump and that would allow me to just pull the rest of the gasket on top of the pan. That worked. I aligned the holes up, put the bolts back in, and torqued most bolts to 10-15 nm & the larger ones to 25 nm. I thought someone else might use this info. Thanks.

Merry Christmas

Hugh Sr